7.29.2011

Good Health?

PSh.... who are we kidding?
That is a phrase we havent used it a while.
Spencer and I
have had a lot of health issues in the past year.
Good and bad news for the both of us.

Starting out with the bad news....
I dont know if a lot of people really knew.
But Spencer was diagnosed with
Stage 3 Cancer
{only 4 stages until you die}
about 5 months after we were married.
He had Metastatic Melanoma {skin cancer}
It was from a mole on his bum that
 we didnt notice until after we were married.
He had to have 2 very invasive surgeries.
To remove the cancer and surrounding areas.
Since then he has to get checked every 4 months for 5 years.
then every 6 months for 5 years.
then every year after that for the rest of his life.

I never really thought skin cancer was that serious.
{shame on me}
But it turns out it is one of the scariest/worst ones.
because chemotherapy cant be used 
because it isnt in a single spot.
you skin covers your whole body.
Also the kind Spencer had
{hopefully it stays past tense}
is the most likely to come back. 

Anyways, on with the good news.
There has been some good that came out of this.
{hard to imagine right?}
It has brought us closer than we ever could have thought
when you think you might lose someone you love
you really do realize how much you love them.
It was soooo good for us.
Yes cancer is hard and unbelievably scary.
But we grew more in our first year of marriage
than i know most people do in YEARS!

Also, you realize how much people do care.
We had family, friends, and even random people
telling us they were praying for us every night
and putting our names in the temple.
I really feel like we were carried through it all.
Because of our friends/family/etc.
We could feel it to.
So, thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Next good news....
{have to give background first}
he had his 4 month check up yesterday
and....
he is still cancer free!!!!!!
i couldnt be more happy!

now on to the other bad news.
me. 
haha.
i'll explain.
in the last year i have had:
bleeding ulcers
{from stressing about spencer}
i now have acid reflux disease
{also from stressing about spencer}
I had my Appendix out on my 21st birthday.
I have really bad neck pain that has caused me daily headaches.
Now my teeth thing.
i went to the dentist yesterday and he said....
i may have TMJ. 
great.
Then i went to my Chiropractor later that day
and i have a bulging disc in my neck
{that has been there since my really back wreck,
summer before senior year of highschool}
It causes daily headaches, dizziness, sharp pain,
numbness, inability to work out 
{i thought i was just so out of shape}
So i have to now wear a neck brace
all the time except in public.
{haha. its quite funny to see me with it on}
But he said it can take 3 months to a year to heal
and i cant do ANY exercises or it wont heal.
boo.
guess working at Temptation Cupcake wont
be so great after all.
haha.

Both doctors said that my neck could be/have been
causing my jaw/teeth/awkward bone growth problem. 
Hopefully my neck will heal and fix my jaw.

I am glad to know that i am not just a pansy!
Working out hurt my neck so bad,
to where i would black out and my arms would go numb.
I have had daily headaches for YEARS. 
and its because of my bulging disc.
{which caused my jaw problem}
so all of you who didnt believe me,
there is your proof. 
who feels like a jerk now! 
haha. just kidding. 

Well....
I sure hope this fixes it all.
Its reassuring to know that they are 
finding out whats wrong though.
Good health is something i want so bad!
haha.
But i would rather be sick the rest of my life
than to have spencer's cancer come back.

Well there is our history from the last year!
Hope you enjoyed learning. haha.
probably wont be too helpful,
but it was interesting right?
But....
If you walk away with anything
it would be....

Never take anyone for granted.

♥ ♥ ♥

1 comment:

  1. Hey fanna!! It's thomhill@Isu.edu-- go bengals. I'm so excited for babies!!:)

    ReplyDelete