7.21.2011

Will you go out with me?

So its been quite the shock to come back
having things to do. places to be.
 Spencer and I were used to being together 
24/7 for 6 weeks
So its been a bummer being back 
just for the fact that we aren't together all the time
like we were in Europe.

So we decided to do a double date
by double date we mean,
2 dates in a row
2 nights ago we went to Hamilton's for dinner
{where Spencer works, very nice and yummy restaurant}
It was so good.
I got halibut and crab legs with mashed potatoes and veggies.
mmmmm.

Then yesterday we went to Hogle Zoo
{its a famous Zoo in Salt Lake}
I had never been but wanted to go
because i had heard its quite the thing to see.

Hogle Zoo was a hoot!
{get it?}
i love seeing the different animals,
i am so easily entertained by them!
haha Spencer said i was like a little kid
My favorite were the Monkeys.
I have always wanted a pet monkey.
 but then again.... who doesnt?
they are soo cool. 

I now call myself the Gorilla whisperer.
wonder why?
well we were just watching him
he was just chillin on his back, chillaxin.
then i smiled at him and put my hand on the glass.
he stood up and came over right in front of me.
and just stared at me.
everyone around was so amazed and all crowded around.
i kept my hand on the glass and he just kept 
getting closer and closer to my hand/face. 
i was pretty proud of myself.

Then we headed over to the little monkeys 
{like on Aladin}
There was one and when i walked over
and talked to him,
he got all shy and hid his face.
he would look up and i would say
"hi you little cutie"
and he would tuck his head again.
i would laugh and laugh.
i probably did this for a solid 5-10 minutes.
haha.

I loved this other monkey
{He decided to pack his own lunch. haha}

Moving on....
Spencer loved the Elephants.
just stating the facts....
their pee and poo is MASSIVE
we kept laughing at how huge it was. 
{i know we are literally like children}

We were there for 3 hours. 
we saw everything there was to see.
i could talk about them all.
but that might put all of you to sleep
so i will spare you the details.

Here are some other pics from the zoo
 {this is how we started off the day- petting a snake}

{oh boy, does he!}

{did you know a giraffe's tongue is 18 inches long?
also.... that its blue on the tip so it wont get sunburned?}


{what remained of a bird, the vultures cage}

{its eyes were STUNNING}


{Its a double rainbow}

 {our view driving home.... breathtaking}

Anyways, 
i loved our time together.
having date nights is soo important!
Europe really showed us how good 
it really is for a couple.
Make sure you take time for date nights.
you will be surprised how much it helps
Has anyone done any good date nights lately?
any fun ideas?

♥ ♥ ♥

1 comment:

  1. So mad you were right by my house and didn't call me!!!

    ReplyDelete