6.17.2011

Funny Story.....

So i know its a little delayed.... but....
we had a really crazy story that happened in Paris at the Eiffel Tower
that i forgot to share with everyone.
It goes a little something like this....

So we were with our Group for our study abroad
when we were in Paris.
One of the days we saw the Eiffel Tower in the daytime.
As we were walking towards the Champs Elysées,
There was a little square where men were selling all sorts of different things.
From stuffed animals that barked or moo-ed, etc.
to purses, key chains, or whatever it may be.

We passed a purse that i had really liked
but we didn't have enough time to stop
because our group was moving so quickly ahead of us.
So we came back at nighttime.
When we came back to the square to see
if the purse I wanted was still there
{I wanted a new one because mine broke probably the 2nd day we were in Europe}

There are probably 10 different men that lay out their
collections of purses to sell all around the little square.
We went to the first guy, didn’t see it,
so we moved on to the 2nd and the 3rd.
Finally I thought I saw it over on a guy’s blanket
on the other side of the square.
So we headed over towards him.
He was showing me the bag,
and I tried it on and was looking inside,
and then out of nowhere,
the man turns very frantic and picks up the four
corners of his blanket that the bags were laying on,
and just ran away.

I extended the purse out to give to him
as he was picking up his blanket of purses,
{because I didn’t understand what was going on}
but he was so hysterical that he didn’t even take it.
We didn’t know what to do or what was going on.

Within 10-15 seconds the cops were over by us.
We thought they were here thinking we stole the bag.
They began to explain to us that these men
that sell all these miscellaneous things here are all illegal
because there are gift shops right next door
that they are putting out of business.

The frantic man was nowhere to be found.
He left this huge black duffel bag t
hat the cops started to look through.
There were probably another 5 purses
{on top of the one I was holding}
The cops asked us if we wanted them.
He said what they doing is illegal so you can just have these!
{We couldn't believe this was happening}

The cops started to walk away and we didn’t know what to do.
We should have just walked away with them
but we were deciding if we should
just take the whole duffel bag or just the purses.
Within probably 1 minute after the cops left us,
the man came running back and
tried to rip the duffel bag out of my hands.
We told him that the cops gave it to us,
so he has no right to take it back.
He started getting very mad
and a little violent so we just let him have the whole bag.
I still had the purse I was wanting on my shoulder
{from when I tried it on before}
that he didn’t notice.

So I got the purse I wanted for free!
We were kind of sad that we didn’t just walk away with the cops
because then the man would have never
came back to get all the stuff.
But at the same time we were ok because I got the one I wanted,
we were also ok about it because we thought that
if we had walked away, once we left the cops,
the man would have attacked us.
So I got a free purse, and a funny story out of this!
It worked out just great!


♥ ♥ ♥

1 comment: